We have observed political events in the State in the last one week which have raised some concerns within the youth structure of the State.
As the beneficiaries of the developmental efforts of His Excellency, Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel, we have deemed it necessary to address very pertinent issues.
Following from above, we wish to state as follows:
- We the youths of the State, who toiled and worked assiduously for the emergence of Governor Udom Emmanuel and his Government do pledge our total and undivided support and loyalty to His Excellency, Mr Udom Gabriel Emmanuel, the Governor and Political Leader of Akwa Ibom State;
- That the youths of Akwa Ibom State are peace loving and will not be part of anything that will bring disunity among the three (3) Senatorial districts in the State;
- That we are particularly happy with the superlative performance of His Excellency, Governor Udom Emmanuel, as well as the effective representation of the Senate Minority Leader, Distinguished Senator Godswill Akpabio;
- That to the best of our knowledge, there is no misunderstanding, altercation or squabble between the Governor and Senate Minority Leader;
- That the peace loving youths of Akwa Ibom State respectfully call on Politicians in the three (3) Senatorial Districts to close ranks and work for peace and harmony in the State instead of trying to stoke fire and sow seed of discord.
- That we wish to appeal to the Politicians not to use this opportunity to settle previous political scores in the guise of supporting the Governor or Senate Minority Leader;
- That we are totally in support of the re-election of His Excellency, Governor Udom Emmanuel in 2019 as well as the re-election of the Senate Minority Leader, Distinguished Senator Godswill Akpabio;
- That we call on our Leader/Governor, His Excellency, Mr Udom Emmanuel, who has performed so well, as well as the Senate Minority Leader, Distinguished Senator Godswill Akpabio not to be distracted but be focused and continue in partnership for the overall interest of the Akwa Ibom project.
- That we will resist any attempt by any group or groups of individual that will cause the breach of the peace in the State;
- That we call on our Elders to show us the path of honour and peace by leading us back to our respective Local Governments and mobilize supports for the re-election of the Governor instead of trying to stoke fire of disunity;
11 We also want to appeal to all personal aides of our Leaders to desist henceforth from fanning the embers of disunity through their publications and comments on social media platforms.
12 That the Youths of Akwa Ibom State who laboured and sacrificed for the emergence of Governor Udom Emmanuel will do all within the ambits of the law to ensure peace and unity in the State and protect their God-given mandate.
Finally, we stand with His Excellency, Mr Udom Emmanuel, Governor of Akwa Ibom State and Political Leader of our dear State till 2023.
UDOM! Our Man
Comrade Daniel Emem Daniel
Chairman, NYCN, AKS Chapter
Comrade Linus Effiong
Publicity Secretary, AKS Youth Caucus
Comrade Idorenyin Brown Dakkada Coordinator General
Comrade Itai James
President, Forum of Village Youth Presidents