Babban Gona is a high-impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable agricultural social enterprise that is part-owned by the farmers we serve. In recognition of the impact it has achieved thus far, it is the first for-profit social enterprise in history and the first Nigerian organisation to receive the prestigious Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship.The Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship is considered the equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize in the Social Entrepreneurship industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Associate
About the Position
- Babban Gona seeks to hire a Business Development Associate, a professional with experience in raising capital through different channels including but not limited to the capital markets, commercial debt, and impact investment funds.
- The selected individual will be exposed to the entire organization including operations, while working closely with Babban Gona’s leadership team, recognized leaders within the agricultural industry.
- Apply today, and join us as we transform Nigeria into a country in which 1 million small holder farmers by 2025 are able to transition from subsistence farming to commercial farming, and agriculture becomes the basis for security and employment.
- Work with Managing Director to fundraise for portfolio company
- Develop and implement the company’s investor relations plan
- Pitch Nigeria’s first social impact bond to new investors both nationally and internationally
- Build, maintain and manage investor portfolio
- Prepare quarterly investor statements highlighting financial and social impact
- Serve as the key point of contact for the investment community
- Oversee the production of annual reports
- Organize conferences, road shows, earnings conference calls, and investor meetings
- Provide feedback to management regarding the investment community’s perception of how the company is being managed, and their view of its financial and impact results
- Build and maintain relationship with bankers to manage organization’s accounts
- Gathers and interprets financial data in order to assist in corporate financial decisions.
- Preparing confidential memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches and other presentations
Qualifications & Required skills
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Finance, Business Administration, Economics
- At least 5 years of fundraising experience via the capital markets
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Proven financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret financial reports
- Strong communication and business application skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills, relationship-building skills in the investment community
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team
- Proficiency in excel and Microsoft word tools
- Strong and demonstrated passion for social development and impact investment
- Independent thinker and resourceful problem solver driven to succeed
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Client facing
- Fluency in English
Compensation & Benefits
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
1st December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using “Business Development Associate” as the subject line of the mail.