Governor of Imo State, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha has constituted a visitation panel for the duo of Imo State University, Owerri and Imo State University Teaching Hospital, IMSUTH.
According to a statement issues by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Chibuike Onyeukwu and made available to newsmen, the panel for Imo State University is chaired by Professor Chinedu Nebo, while that of the Teaching Hospital is chaired by Professor Frank Akpuaka.
Below is the full statement:
In furtherance to his resolve to sanitize and reposition tertiary education in the state, Governor Emeka Ihedioha CON, has constituted Visitation Panels for Imo State University, (IMSU), and the Imo State University Teaching Hospital, (IMSUTH) Orlu.
Members of the Visitation Panel to Imo State University, IMSU are as follows:
1. Prof (Ven) Chinedu Nebo –
2. Prof I.K Ogbonnaya – Member
3. Prof Basil Nwosu – Member
4. Prof (Mrs) Florence Nduka – Member
5. Prof N.F Ukaigwe – Member
6. Prof Dominic C.Chima – Member
7. Dr. Chilaka E. Nwankwo – Member
8. Mr. Chuck Chukwemeka – Member
9. Dr. (Mrs.) Chineze Eunice Obi – Member
10. Mr. A.C.A Duru – Secretary
Members of Visitation Panel to Imo State University Teaching Hospital, IMSUTH are:
1. Prof. Frank C. Akpuaka –
2. Prof. Theodore Okeahialam – Member
3. Lady Stella Achunine – Member
4. Prof. Peter Akah – Member
5. Dr. (Mrs) Meg Opara – Member
6. Dr. Emeka Iroegbu – Member
7. Mr. Basil Ngobiri – Member
8. Dr. Kenneth Iregbu – Member
9. Barr. Ekene Bob – Ekechukwu – Member
10. Mr. Leo Chimezie – Secretary
The Panels are empowered to enquire the following:
a. Identify the strength and problems of the universities and make appropriate recommendations to the Visitor.
b. Ascertain the operations of various departments/ Units. This is also applicable to Deans of Students Affairs, or Faculties, Directors of Academic Planning, Works, ICT, Procurement. To also investigate other issues such as cliqueism and cultism.
c. Ascertain the operations of the universities and investigate students’ complaints bordering on various issues.
d. Conduct internal audits including the Bursary Department, aimed at ascertaining the financial status from 2012, including Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), university Micro finance bank and come up with a comprehensive report.
e. Investigate award of contracts in the universities and ascertain if due process was adhered to in line with the Procurement Act 2017.
f. Investigate state of infrastructure, including collapsed or collapsing buildings
g. Investigate the appointment of the Vice Chancellor, to ascertain if it was in conformity with due process.
h. Ascertain the welfare of students and investigate allegations of sexual abuse, extortion, issues bordering on allocation of hostels, sub standard books, handouts, SUG election and illegal payments.
i. The Panels are mandated to capture other issues not listed on the terms of reference and forward to the Visitor not later than one month.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor