- Location(s): Adamawa, — Nigeria
- Specialization: NGO / Community Services
- Industry: NGO / International Agencies
- Application Deadline:November 24, 2017
- Job TypeFulltime
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is recruiting for fulltime WPE Community Mobilizer Officer.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Women Protection & Empowerment (WPE) Community Mobilizer Officer
Ref No: GO351
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The Community Mobilization Officer assists the Program Manager and Assistant Program Manager in developing and sustaining a GBV community mobilization strategy.
- In collaboration with the Senior Program Manager, WPE Community Trainer Assistant design GBV mobilization strategy that will allow members of the community to reflect on the GBV issues affecting their community and guide them in their effort to prevent GBV.
- Design sensitization key messages with support from the senior program manager, program coordinator and senior Technical adviser using the SASA community sensitization guide.
- The Community Mobilization Officer will conduct regular field visit to assist community mobilizers in community mobilization using EMAP and SASA modules.
- Ensure taking lead in working with key stakeholders such as but not limited to: police judiciary, heads of schools, heads of health institutions, GBV Sub-sector working group and the ministry of women and social Development for trainings and community sensitizations for trainings,
- With support from the WPE Senior Program Manager Take lead in awareness raising sessions to commemorate international events such as but not limited to international women’s’ day, 16 days of activism and submit a comprehensive report to the senior program manager.
- Ensure the formation of women, men and youth groups and develop guidelines for the formation of these groups and their roles with reference to the Nigeria context.
- In coordination with the Psychosocial support officer assist in the assessment, awareness raising session and formation of EASE groups.
- In coordination with the WPE training assistants, assist with community mobilization for GBV trainings.
- The Community Mobilization Officer also helps to establish collaborative relationships with collaborating partners, local authorities in particular the Ministry of women Affairs and Social Development, the police, and medical personnel, and ensures that trainings are developed to meet their needs.
- Visit operational sites to monitor the progress of GBV activities.
- Help improve the Community Mobilizer Assistants’ skills by assessing training needs and providing guidance.
- Ensure field staff receive all necessary mobilization materials and sign-in sheets
- Monitor mobilization messages and other activities to ensure field staff maintain a consistent message that follows the GBV mobilization strategy and use a variety of mobilization tools in their work with the communities.
- Encourage staff to be creative and innovative when developing and implementing their mobilization strategies.
- Encourage staff to maximize the impact of the program by working closely with and utilizing the services of partner organizations, local authorities, ministries and IRC program sectors in the area.
- In collaboration with the WPE Senior Program Manager, design or organize bi-monthly trainings to build the capacity of all GBV staff.
- Liaise with community leaders, government agencies, IRC program sectors and other appropriate agencies to ensure that the program is meeting their needs.
- Attend GBV sub-sector working groups meetings and encourage working group members be active advocates on GBV issues affecting the state.
- Ensure that sub-sector working groups properly assess and prioritize needs and resources before taking deliberate action.
- In coordination with the WPE Training Assistants, assess training needs of sub-sector working groups members and devise appropriate trainings
- Ensure field staff are working closely with community leaders, government agencies, IRC program sectors, women’s groups and other agencies in their operational area.
- Design, implement and evaluate quality GBV awareness raising sessions and training in a systematic and consistent manner by establishing GBV training procedures
- Coordinate, monitor and closely supervise the activities of the Community Mobilization to maintain a consistent message.
- Compile and summarize monthly statistics and narrative mobilization and training reports from the field and submit an overall weekly and monthly reports to the Senior Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Do a timely cash project and submit to senior program manager.
- Ensure that all work is done in accordance with established protocols and within ethical guidelines.
- Prepare and submit all financial documents including supporting documents of conducted activities in a timely manner.
Planning and Coordination:
- Meet with the WPE training Assistant, case management officer and psychosocial support officer on a weekly basis to coordinate work schedules.
- Communicate with the senior Program Manager on program progress, constraints, and identified needs.
- Assist Program Manager and Assistant Program manager in designing a GBV Training Strategy
- Liaise closely with other IRC sectors for additional training to benefit IRC staff and community members in consultation with the senior Program Manager
- Plan and implement surveys and needs assessments as required.
- The position will work in the Mubi Field Office.
- The program site in Northern Adamawa state is security level 3 – orange
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the “Country Director IRC” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org